Call or Text (704) 879-3330 for an Appointment
Like most skin rejuvenation treatments, there may be some side-effects post-treatment and recovery from Plasma Fibroblast treatment. You must follow these important guidelines carefully if you wish to enjoy optimal results and protect your investment in the treatment. Although most Plasma Fibroblast treatment is virtually pain-free, your own treatment may be moderately uncomfortable and sensitive depending on where you are being treated – especially eyelid procedures where the skin is at its thinnest – and your own sensitivities and tolerances.
Before Your Treatment
1. Avoid any kind of tanning (Spray tanning, tanning injections, sun tanning and tanning beds) for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, you should try to use a physical sunscreen with SPF5O (zinc oxide and/or titanium oxide sunscreen) to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned.
2. Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Fibroblast, such as laser therapy, chemical peels, Botox, fillers, as this may prevent your treatment being performed by your technician at the time you want it.
• No facial acids (Retin A, salicylic, glycolic) 4 weeks before or 6 weeks after Plasma Fibroblast.
• No Botox or fillers 6 weeks before or after Plasma Fibroblast.
• No Micro needling/PRP 4 weeks before or 6 weeks after Plasma Fibroblast.
• No laser or peels (depending on intensity of peel) for 28 days to 6 weeks before or after Plasma Fibroblast.
• Surgical procedures like face lifts you must wait at least 9 months postop/before Plasma Fibroblast.
Immediately Following Treatment (24 hours of treatment)
1. You may experience a “stinging” sensation in the treated area(s) immediately after treatment. This is normal and it generally only lasts for about an hour.
2. If the treated area is swollen, you may apply ice packs covered with a clean cloth. Do NOT apply ice directly onto the skin, as this can cause damage to the tissue. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or steroids if possible. *Apply ice only if absolutely necessary, otherwise it is best to leave the area alone.
3. If you are receiving a Plasma Fibroblast treatment anywhere on your face or neck, we recommend you sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
4. Do NOT cleanse the treated area until the following day. Do NOT get the treated area wet or take a shower. However begin applying the home care ointment later that day/night, use it 2-3 times per day with a cotton swab using a very gentle movement for 10-15 days atter the procedure.
5. Do NOT exercise 48 hours after treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam or sweat because this can intensify the inflammation that’s already present.
6. Your technician will provide you with after care products and instructions. You must follow the provided aftercare protocol to expedite the healing process to avoid complications.
7. The area that has been treated must NOT be covered with occlusive dressing or any type of sunblock, make-up, mascara, creams or any other products until the area has fully healed.
Many ingredients in skin care products and cosmetics can irritate skin and cause allergic reactions. Ultimately this will slow down your healing process and possibly impede desired results.
8. It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma Fibroblast treatment, as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is vital in protecting you from any potential infection, so please avoid any activities where you could expose yourself to contaminants. Keeping hands off of anything that comes in contact with the treatment area.
9. You may return to work the following day. However, you will not look your absolute best during the initial healing process (approximately 7 days).
10. Expect redness, swelling and inflammation for the first 1 to 5 days post-treatment. This is normal but will usually be of a very minor nature.
Following Days After Your Treatment (After initial 24 hours)
1. It is normal for the area that has been treated to be red/pink, swollen and feel tight and dry. Occasional weeping is normal and will settle.
2. Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area. These may be visible for up to about a week.
3. Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and could cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
5. The area(s) treated may be cleansed daily with room temperature water and your fingers. If you wish to use a cleanser, use a very gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil cleanser (lather cleanser in your fingertips and gently dab, do NOT rub or massage, onto the treated area. Then splash with water to wash off cleanser.) Avoid using washcloths or any other washing devices. You are only removing excess oil and do NOT need to thoroughly cleanse the treated skin. Do NOT be tempted to rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts. Very gently pat dry with a clean tissue or gauze.
6. Do NOT stand with your face under a hot shower for the first 3-4 days. This could increase swelling. You may apply a layer of the home care ointment and gently cover with saran wrap to protect the treatment area from getting wet. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face as this could cause irritation and inflammation. Rinse thoroughly with tepid water if products do come into contact with the area(s) treated and gently pat dry
7. Avoid swimming or chlorinated water as it can increase irritation.
8. Keep scabs/crusts moist by gently applying provided aftercare gel 2-3 times a day – but only in small amounts, do not soak the area.
9. Men should avoid shaving the treated area until it is fully healed (around 7 days).
10. If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment.
11. Once the scabs have fallen off (approximately 5-10 days), your skin may be a little pink. You may begin to apply your normal foundation/make-up/sunblock but AVOID using skincare products containing glycolic/salicylic/retinoic/AHA/ scrubs/Clarisonic or any other active exfoliating ingredients/devices for at least 21 days, as this will cause irritation. ABSOLUTELY NO MAKEUP UNTIL SCABS HAVE FALLEN OFF.
12. Avoid sun exposure. Once the scabs have fallen off, you must wear a physical sunblock (SPF 50 with a minimum of zinc oxide 20%) and a hat while your skin is in the healing stages (pink in color) and you should continue to do so for at least the next 8-12 weeks to avoid hyperpigmentation. A few sunscreen brands we recommend: MyChelle SunShield Liquid SPF 50, Thinksport or Thinkbaby SPF 50, Baby Bum Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF50. Mineral powder sunscreen can also be used as well, Colorscience is a good brand. These can be purchased at Target, Amazon, or Whole Foods.
13. Do NOT sunbath/sun tanning beds for 10–12 week post procedure.
14. Do NOT have any other facial treatments in the same treatment area while your skin is healing (12 weeks).
15. Do NOT wax treatment area for at least 21 days, if not longer. If you are receiving Plasma Fibroblast treatment anywhere around the eyes, I would wait the full 12 weeks. It will be ok to tweeze or thread any unwanted hairs after scabs have fallen off the area.
Other Important Aftercare Advice & Top Tips
1. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
2. Eat a whole food diet and avoid excess sugar to maximize results.
3. On top of the immediate rejuvenation, lifting and tightening effects you will likely experience from Plasma Fibroblast, it takes 8 to 12 weeks for the full effects of your treatment to be seen.
4. If additional treatments are required, it will be necessary to wait until the skin completely heals (12 weeks).
5. Drink lots of room temperature (not cold) clean filtered water to keep your skin hydrated.
6. You may supplement with a collagen powder to help with collagen production. Vital Proteins Collagen powder is a good brand.
7. You may supplement with 1000mg of Vitamin C. We recommend a liposomal form of Vitamin C such as LivOn Liposomal Vitamin C for optimal aborption.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Radiant You LLC by email at email@example.com or by phone at (704) 879-3330.